Wednesday, January 24, 2007

POINTED

pointed hat
I finally got to make something. It's a pointed hat for the baby.
I hadn't knit for so long that I almost forgot how to...
The pattern is loosely based on the Gnomey Hat form helloyarn. I never really get to follow knitting patterns, because I always substitute the yarn with locally made stuff in a different gauge (in this case Munsell Merino 150 King, a bulky, 100% soft merino Yuzawaya brand yarn).
I got a bag of the yarn (10 skeins of 40g each), and planning to knit a cardigan with that. The plan is to combine the grey with the striping reddish yarn I used for the hat flower, but we'll see what comes of that!

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

mmmm, munsell merino! love that stuff. i'm sure it's very soft and will be oh so cute on the baby!

12:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*that* is adorable! love the color... can't wait to see it on the little cutie!

9:35 am  
Blogger Rima said...

So very cute!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

4:48 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

how do i crochet that hat

6:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home