Monday, November 13, 2006

SUPERBUZZY IN TOKYO

Mariko and Kelly were here!
It was great meeting them, they are so bright and fun, and getting along with them was just so easy!
I guess they must be back home by now, taking a deep breath after the Japanese trip whirl, and will soon be telling the whole story on their blogs. Here's just a shot to prove they were here and that we even had a small crafty people gathering in Tokyo.
Superbuzzy in Tokyo
That is, from left to right, back row:
Kat, Kelly, Ms. Minato - the Ebisu Rowan-Jaeger store manager; front row: Chiko - Mariko's friend and talented illustrator, me, Mariko and Jun.
We also had a couple of male supporters but they are behind the camera(s) here.

I accompanied Mariko and Kelly in their Nippori Textile Town adventure, as well as to the Yokohama International Quilt Festival.

The Nippori shopping campaign felt sooo good - just watching the girls buy several whole rolls of fabric made me feel like I am buying the store for myself. I'll be watching out for the new cute stuff at Superbuzzy!

In Yokohama, the quilt show was a bit overwhelming, and quite hard to cruise through the crowds of Japanese middle-aged ladies that had gathered for the first day of the show. Business-wise, it was a very fruitful day, and the girls were thrilled to make lots of useful contacts with fabric and craft-supplies firms. I was impressed with how prepared and efficient Kelly and Mariko were, hardly ever giving in to temptations and keeping focused on the important things.
I have a lot to learn from them!
As for the quilts at the show - I wish I could show some samples, but basically the ones I really liked could not be photographed. I did take a few pics but they turned out too blurry.
Here are a couple of cute patchwork bags:
Yokohama international quilt show 2006
This being said, I'll get back to some crafting tonight, while listening to
Right Said Fred just because (I must be the only person on Earth who still listens to this silly stuff, but I so need it sometimes!).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo of all of you together! The week's adventures sound like so much fun.
Nippori Textile Town and the Yokohama Quilt Festival...mmmmm.

9:31 pm  
Blogger spajonas said...

aw! look at all the fun you all had! so jealous :) i love the pics of those bags, too.

1:40 am  
Blogger spajonas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - can't believe I'm back home already... I had such a fantastic time, and you were the best companion possible! Thanks so much for all the help and fun - can we do it again soon?!?

ps - I need your mailing address!

4:49 am  
Blogger Mona Schmidt said...

Hello,

I came fromo Trico's blog and wasn't going to comment until I came to the "Right Said Fred" part - so, no, you are not the only person who listens to that stuff, I listen too!!

4:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I looove Right
said Fred! It's so nineties. It's next to my 'They Might be Giants' albums. I rally wish I could have gone to that quilt show.

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home